Wednesday, September 5, 2007

In preparation for the big event …

So I’m almost ready to hit the highway. I have all of my school visits planned, but I have only reserved hotels and cars through October. That leaves one month of “real” planning left to do; then it’s all got to be typed-up by Friday afternoon.
I guess I could be making better use of my time getting these things done rather than blogging, but I’m on my lunch break, and Hampton Inn can wait a little longer to get my credit card info. (This would be an excellent time to plug Hampton Inn by the way. Kristen and I have found them to be wonderful hotels and priced reasonably. They have a rewards program, so I figure that after my travel season, she and I can take a trip somewhere for free! (Can someone say “front row at the Lincoln Center?”)
In other news, we got an X-Box 360 the other day, and I don’t know how we went so long without it! It is absolutely amazing!!!
Let me take a minute and give thanks to Ben for helping me find a sweet deal. You are my X-Box Yoda, and I will be coming to you often for advice. Any word on that network bridge???
Lest I forget, Fred Thompson will announce tonight that he is running for President. Am I the only one who is a little excited about this??? So far all I’ve seen are democrats bashing Bush, while getting major airtime doing so, and republicans playing softball on Fox News.
I am looking for Fred to come out swinging, and taking no prisoners. He just comes off as the kind of guy who can make the tough decision and then convince us all that it’s the right idea. I can just see him addressing the nation behind his desk in the Oval Office saying, “This war has become one giant dog with fleas … but in order to win, we’ve all got to scratch it. And here is how it’s going to happen. First …”
But I concede that the election is still many months away, and a lot of things can happen in the mean time.
So I’m going to get back to work, and focus my attention on the here-and-now. I may post again before I leave; otherwise, I’ll catch-up with you all from someplace north of the Mason-Dixon.