Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day one is in the can.

So I just made it back from my first trip out. I’d have to say that it was a success in that I didn’t end up lost, broke-down, or otherwise incapacitated. I will say that I learned much about this great country in which I live and the great people that live in it.
Below is my list of observations made on my way to, and from, The Garden State:
- Jug handles??? I mean really, who was smoking what when those were invented??? Be honest, were left-turn lanes just too old-fashioned of an idea???
- The Capital Beltway in DC is the closest I’ve ever been to an F1 racetrack. I recommend it for adrenaline junkies and those with a death wish.
- Nuns have a quirky sense of humor and are impressed by few worldly things … as it probably should be.
- High school guys are just plain awkward, and it think that will be true throughout my entire travel season.
- There is no good country music north of Maryland. Sure they have radio stations that claim to play country music, but all they play is that modern pop-style country music. If you want Hank (Sr. or Jr.), Willie, Waylon, Merle, George (any of them), or Alan, bring it with you.

No comments: